iLashAngel is an auxiliary website of Beauty by Tanya and is meant to provide additional information, along with answering some frequently asked questions, about eyelash extensions. This website also includes lash extension videos as well as "before and after" photos to showcase the transformative effect that eyelash extensions can have on your personal beauty.
Beauty by Tanya is the business website for advanced lash stylist, Tanya Hayes. Tanya has been a lash stylist for over 7 years and is certified by Xtreme Lashes, NovaLash, and Lavish Lashes; holding advanced certifications from Xtreme Lashes and NovaLash. She spends time each year in furthering her education and technique through additional advanced courses offered in the study of lash extensions and lash artistry. Tanya has always possessed a passion for health and beauty, and immensely enjoys the opportunity to provide both lash stylist and esthetician services to her clients. She feels very blessed to get up each morning and go into a career she loves, and as a way of giving back to the beauty trade that has provided her so much joy, she makes it a point to be involved in various charitable organizations, donating her services to the Sun City Anthem Women’s Club who supports several foundations such as Apple Partnership, Safe House, HopeLink, Gordon McCaw Elementary School, Henderson Hospice, The Minuteman Foundation, and the Henderson Seniors' Auxiliary.
iLashAngel.com would not be possible without the support and content provided by Xtreme Lashes, with their professional training certification program, lash care products, and informative video collection. Xtreme Lashes provides a directory of their certified lash stylists located throughout the country as a helpful resource to you, and you can also search local area listings to find a professionally trained lash stylist near you. The important thing is to find a certified lash stylist who has a passion for their work, who only uses approved hypoallergenic lash products, and FDA approved surgical grade lash adhesive. Don't cut corners on your lash extensions, or use inferior products that can cause eye irritations, eye infections, or even permanent damage to your eyes. Xtreme Lashes rigorously tests every lash product they offer to ensure that the beauty of your eyes never comes at the expense of your eye health.
About Lash Extensions
Lash extensions are designed to add length, thickness and fullness to your natural lashes. They come in various styles, colors and lengths, ranging from natural looking to glamorous. For women who want longer, fuller eyelashes but don’t have the time or patience to apply false lashes every day, semi-permanent eyelash extensions are the perfect solution!
The luxurious, natural look of lash extensions is achieved through a meticulous process where a certified lash stylist applies synthetic lashes one-by-one to your natural eyelash. The procedure can take anywhere from 90-120 min. to apply a full new set. An average person might have anywhere from 60 - 80 lashes per eye. The variance in the number of lashes accounts for the difference in how long it takes to apply them. The bond of the synthetic lash to your natural lash is achieved by using an FDA approved, hypoallergenic surgical adhesive that is designed to last until your own lash falls out naturally. Extensions may fall out faster if you used oil-based eye makeup remover as oil weakens the bond between the glue and the lash.
A set of new eyelash extensions can cost anywhere from $200 to $500, depending on the type and number of lashes used, the skill of the lash stylist and the venue where extensions are applied. Professionals trained in lash artistry go by various titles including "Lash Technicians", "Lash Artists", and "Lash Stylists". Companies such as Xtreme Lashes provide training and certification for potential Eyelash Extensions Technicians.
The Bridal Timeline for Extending Your Wedding Beauty
The Full Set
Ideally, you'll want to apply your first full set of eyelash extensions at least 5 weeks in advance of your wedding day.
- An early appointment allows enough time to ensure you have exactly the look you want for your wedding.
- Any possible sensitivities or allergies can be assessed well ahead of time, which can help to avoid any embarrassing reactions from showing up in your wedding photos.
The First Relash
Schedule your first relash appointment exactly 2 weeks after your initial full set application.
- Let your lash stylist know if you're happy with the overall look you received from your initial set. Would you prefer more lashes? Or possibly less? Maybe you would like to try a different lash length or thickness? How about some eyelights to enhance your eye color? Now is the time to request any changes to your lash extensions so that you will have exactly the look you want for your big day.
- If you had any reactions to any of the products used during your initial set application, let your lash stylist know. He or she can use a different adhesive or gel patch to see if another product will perform better with your skin type.
The Final Relash
It's time to perfect the final look. This appointment should be scheduled 4-5 days before the wedding. You'll have minimal lash shedding and still be free to shower and apply your wedding day makeup without any problems within this time frame.
- If you were transitioning to a different lash length or thickness, your lash stylist will be replacing the remainder of the initial set now to ensure the final look is as you requested.
- If there were any sensitivity issues before, determine if they were remedied by the changes made during the last appointment. If not, let your lash stylist know so he or she can discuss any further options available to you.
Relax and enjoy your blissful bridal beauty throughout the wedding and honeymoon!